Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Why didn't I think of this before?

Mmmmmm, Seattle in late December through February: so dark, so dank, it hardens the heart. My school grades go straight into the toilet, and my attitude comes straight out of my ass. Got yer gratitude right here.

So Florida, coupla interviews, mid-January, this could work out okay, ya think? I've got Nova in Ft. Lauderdale on a Friday, and then LECOM in Bradenton the following Wednesday. Four days to blow, what to do, what to do?

I'm thinking this:










No amount of creative effort has resulted in academic success for me during past winters at UW. It's all Bergman, no Disney. In reality, skipping class to go study biochemistry in a hammock on Key West is as likely to get me A's as anything else. It behooves me to try. Plus I get to be only 60 miles from Cuba. That's progress.

Meanwhile, it seems that my subconscious is responsible for my applying to Bradenton in the first place. Yes, they have all planned awful plastic suburban cookie-cutter horrid Bradyesque dwellings, but I totally forgot about the tennis! Agassi trained with Bolletieri in Bradenton back when he was a mean punk with hair. Now it all makes sense. (Yeah, sure, Sharapova and Kournikova and Courier too, whatever.) Now I'm mad crushing on Bradenton.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

How far, exactly, are these Florida schools from Disneyworld?? We would visit you if you were in close proximity to Mickey :)

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home