(insert Jeopardy theme here)
Oh hey look, it's still not Friday yet. We're just sitting here, hanging out, me and the tumor, knowing nothing new. Nope, still not Friday yet.
There's an online comic strip, XKCD, that I adore, and this morning's strip makes a reference to the arcade video game that was based on the movie Tron, from 1982. That I immediately recognized this reference is equal parts disturbing and thrilling. Tron plus Florida equals me content.

I took a final exam this morning, which means that I've (gulp) actually completed my very first class in Spanish since junior high. I'm no longer limited to the (quite fabulous, really) curse words I learned working in LA restaurants. I'm no longer limited to saying "pongoselo en su sarpullido" (put this on your rash) or "donde le duele" (where does it hurt) from medical trips in Mexico et al. No, now I actually can use verbs in THE PAST TENSE. They call it a preterite or some garbage. I can almost use direct and indirect pronouns correctly - although I have to draw a map most of the time. My class used the Destinos soap opera format. Although I doubt I will have time to take the next 2 classes, I kind of want to know what happens. I'm betting Raquel dumps Arturo for Angel, and shows up in (her client!) don Fernando's hospital room pregnant with his grandchild. With massive 1982 shoulder pads tightly secured to her maternity vestiza.
Still not Friday yet.
There's an online comic strip, XKCD, that I adore, and this morning's strip makes a reference to the arcade video game that was based on the movie Tron, from 1982. That I immediately recognized this reference is equal parts disturbing and thrilling. Tron plus Florida equals me content.
I took a final exam this morning, which means that I've (gulp) actually completed my very first class in Spanish since junior high. I'm no longer limited to the (quite fabulous, really) curse words I learned working in LA restaurants. I'm no longer limited to saying "pongoselo en su sarpullido" (put this on your rash) or "donde le duele" (where does it hurt) from medical trips in Mexico et al. No, now I actually can use verbs in THE PAST TENSE. They call it a preterite or some garbage. I can almost use direct and indirect pronouns correctly - although I have to draw a map most of the time. My class used the Destinos soap opera format. Although I doubt I will have time to take the next 2 classes, I kind of want to know what happens. I'm betting Raquel dumps Arturo for Angel, and shows up in (her client!) don Fernando's hospital room pregnant with his grandchild. With massive 1982 shoulder pads tightly secured to her maternity vestiza.
Still not Friday yet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home